Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rain, Rain Stay a Day ..or twelve

It has been a while since I have posted. Lots going on, but nothing that made me think..I need to blog about that. So, here are a few thoughts over the past several weeks.

1) Sweet, wonderful rain today and the temp is around 80! We hung out at the house, got nothing done but naps and then went to the park. Greatness. =)

2) I can run for 25 straight minutes now on the treadmill. I doubt I could do as much in the outdoors, but still a significant acheivement for me.

3) Remember Flavor-Ice Popsicles? On sale at Wal-Mart, so I bought a box of 100. It never occured to me that Reia would know how to get to the bottom of it. So that has been our "lesson" for today.

4) Had my body-fat analysis done this week. I have been running for several weeks now, so I hoped to see progress. I was so depressed after that, I almost didn't work out. (Thanks for being there Lisa.) I still had my comfort food of Whoppers and a Dr. Pepper. It just made my stomach upset since I am not eating as much junk food as I used to. What's your comfort food?

5) Reia is into snuggling at night before bed. Also known as "stalling". But, I don't care. In a few short years, she will think she is too big to snuggle with her mom. I'm just snuggling away!

6) I think Reese is starting to drop a nap. I know most moms cringe at the thought of less sleep during the day for their babies, but I am thrilled. Now maybe I can get some errands done without having to stop in the middle of the morning or afternoon and head home for some rest. I can go out in the a.m., then return home for lunch and naps for all. Fabulous!

7) We are going to Florida next week without the kids. I am excited, but not really ready to leave the kids again this summer. Oh well, at least I have a facial scheduled.

8) Brian and Kristie Vinson had their baby two days ago. After a 5 hour labor and 23 min of pushing she arrived at a whopping 5 lbs 13oz. Congrats!

I guess we're caught up for now. I'll try to think of something more to post later.

3 comments:

K. Todd Storch said...

Good to hear from you!

Congrats on your running! You should be proud of your accomplishment.

Stay at it and see you soon.

Toddd

BV said...

Comfort food??? Any food!!! I don't know which is cooler, having a baby or getting all the food!!! j/k
Thanks for all the help/advice...man blogs are wonderful!

Leslie Clemens said...

Yeah Robin!! I'm glad you are back, I missed reading your blog. I can't wait to hear more...

comfort food... ICE CREAM!!