Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Neverending Story...of Laundry

I remember the day Terry and I came home from our honeymoon in St. Thomas. Still on the newlywed high and thinking, I love being a wife already. So, I opened up the closet that held the washer and dryer in our apartment. I remember being so thankful that we had them and I didn't have to take the clothes to a laundry center. As I was doing the laundry, I called my mom and told her I had done several loads and had several to go. She laughed and said, "Get used to that honey!"

What? How bad could it be? Let me tell you, seven years and two children later, pretty bad. I used to be able to laundy once a week. Now I put a load in every day. I even took the baskets out of the girls' rooms and just throw all of their stuff directly into the washer (it's close to their rooms). With any towels or dishtowels added, it comes to a load every day. It saddens me to think there is rarely a moment when all of the laundry is done at one time. I have a load that needs to be washed, dryed, folded or put away at every moment in the day.

So, thanks mom. You tried to warn me. Frankly, I don't think at that moment I believed you. I DO NOW!

7 comments:

praynlady said...

Hey Robin, I agree, but be careful not to complain to much because in my situation, I have to wait for someone else to do the laundry and if it isn't done, I have no clean clothes. haha I have days that there are 5-6 loads that have to get done and I get to just look at them and SIGH! haha It's nice but I really like being dressed. haha

Robin said...

No complaints here! Quite frankly, I am glad that I get to be a stay at home mom and work on it during the day instead of spending my entire weekend off doing it! For those that work--I admire all you get done in a short period of time.

Shelley said...

Do you have a section of the couch dedicated to clothes that need to be put away? Or is that just me?

Robin said...

The big red chair in the living room--originally purchased for my husband--is the official laundry center. I told Terry in the next house I wanted a HUGE laundry room with a small tv so I can actually do it all in there!

mommyofangels said...

I moved my small kitchen table into the laundry room so that I can have a second place to fold and keep clothes to be put away.

praynlady said...

good idea!

BV said...

Mrs. Storch...
Heard you might blog about Jonathan crying...today maybe?