Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Soccer Mom Comes Out


My First Day at Ballet Posted by Hello

Last week was Reia's first day at ballet, and the first day I really felt like an up and coming soccer mom. There I was at the Ballet Conservatory in Lewisville with about 13 other parents watching our wee ones through the window learning first position. It was precious and I was mad at myself for not having my camera charged enough to take any video.

Anyhoo, I looked around and watched all the other mommies with their kiddos. We chatted and discussed who was taking what and who had older siblings and younger. When we left, we stopped and got ice cream from McD's and chatted about what she had learned. Suddenly, I felt like, well, such a MOM! Really, aren't I still 22 and too young to have children? (No offense to those that age that do. But, I was really too immature at that age to deal with children of my own.) I had one mom say to me, "Just wait until your baby is starting Pre-Ballet and your oldest is a veteran taking week long summer classes!" Oi--when does that happen? Next week? They grow up so fast.

None the less, I loved it. Nothing gives me greater joy that being a wife and mother and watching God grow my marraige and children and allowing me to be a great part of what He is doing in their little lives. Again, I say Thanks and Yea God!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That picture is TOO cute!

Angela Jett said...

Homeschool Blogging

The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, the nation's largest homeschool magazine, recently created www.HomeschoolBlogger.com. HomeschoolBlogger hosts, as well as provides easy to use templates for all interested homeschoolers as well as homeschool related groups and businesses. We believe that this is a great way to combine resources into one site, and further reach the homeschool community. Even as a brand new network, HomeschoolBlogger.com has over 1100 blogs set up, including ones by popular authors and leaders in the homeschool community such as Diana Waring, Cindy Rushton, Christine Miller and Christine Field. Even Focus on the Family has recently joined our community!

The Old Schoolhouse would like to invite you to take part in the blog revolution by discussing HomeschoolBlogger on your blog or by joining us at HSB either by setting up a new blog, or duplicating an existing one. Lastly, we are offering the opportunity for 50 total bloggers to receive a FREE one year subscription to TOS along with 19 free gifts (valued at $300) from homeschool companies. This is an exclusive limited time offer for select homeschool and family- friendly blogs and sites. We simply request that you place our banner ad on your site and blog about each issue you receive (4 in a year.) Also, if you are willing to place our banner ad at the top of your site we will add an extra year to your subscription...for a total of TWO years and 19 gifts. For more info on the promo check out http://www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com/subscribe/promo_subscribe.php .

Please consider this special invitation to join with us in providing the best resources available to homeschool families. If I can answer any questions for you, or provide you with additional information, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Again, we ask that you mention HomeschoolBlogger.com in your own blog. It's a free service to homeschoolers.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Angela Jett
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC

ajett@bellsouth.net


www.TheHomeschoolMagazine.com

Sign up for our FREE E~Newsletter!
http://www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com/devotional_door/subscribe.php


Join us at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com . Free blog hosting and templates for homeschoolers.