Monday, May 16, 2005

One of Those Days

We have had one of those days. You know..when as much as you love your children, liking them can be kind of tough. How did my sweet baby learn to back talk, whine, and be so sarcastic at the young age of 3? She couldn't possibly have gotten it from me. After all, I still have my mine! =) It's just that inherent sin nature. Quite frankly, I didn't handle it so well today. I was frustrated, irritated and short with her.

And now I feel incredibly guilty. I am, afterall, supposed to be showing her the fruits of the spirit, like self-control--especially of the tounge. But not today. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't put her to bed early, I would have snatched her bald-headed.

So why am I writing this? To let all of the SAHMs, or even working mom's, out there that it is ok to have a bad day. We are all a new creation in Christ and through His infinite wisdom each day brings with it new hope and joy. So, tomorrow will be better. If not, we may both be bald-headed.

No comments: