Monday, May 09, 2005

Oh, How God Teaches

We have had a long day. We went to take my mother-in-law out for a post-Mother's day lunch and it turned into a whole day of shopping and fun back at the pool. It was great! Reese did very well considering she only had a 30 minute nap all day. Neither she nor Reia fell asleep on the way home either. So, I figured Reese would go down without a fight--which she did; but, she woke up screaming about 3o minutes later. As I was trying to calm her down, Reia kept coming in her room to ask for some chocolate milk. By the third time of me asking her to leave so Reese would not see her and hence, calm down and go back to sleep, I was frustrated. I mean how many times could I tell her I was going to get the milk in JUST A MINUTE!!!

Anyway, I walked her out by the arm and closed the door. Then came the sobs from the other room. Well, I will have to deal with that as soon as Reese isn't hysterical. A few minutes later, Reia gently opens the door and says, "I love you, mommy." (Now, before you say, "Awwww." This is her usual tactic when she knows she is in trouble for disobeying.)

Immediately, I said kinda under my breath so I wouldn't accidentally get Reese screaming again, "If you really loved me you would just do what I ask."

As soon as the words exited my mouth--I think I heard God laugh (and then he sent an e-mail to my mom so she could laugh, too.) How many times a week, day, hour or even minute do I disobey my heavely parent? I too proclaim my love for Him, so why can't I just do what he asks. At the moment, He isn't asking me to anything just unbelievable.

I need to simply obey and be patient when he asks me to wait. How will Reia learn it if I don't exitbit it? I am so glad to be a work in progress. I am so thankful that God is more patient with me than I am with Reia. I will try harder to remember, she is only three--I am, well, way older than that, and I STILL don't get it right.

No comments: