Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ready to Run?

Now that Reese is 5 months old, and I have not lost one pound--no, not even ONE--it's time to get serious about my food choices and exercise. I am going to start running again. If you have never run and want to give it a shot, then try the "Couch to 5K Running Program" on Coolrunning.com. It is under the training section, takes 9 weeks and gets you from flab to fab. Or at least on your way there. Last time I did this I was getting in shape for Hawaii. It worked great, and I didn't feel like I was going to die everytime I put my running gear on. So, wish me luck.

Now I just have to find time and energy to get to the gym!

1 comment:

Lori Bailey said...

Here's what helps keep me in the exercise habit:

1.) 1st thing in the morning before anything else can intervene. Sometimes when I enjoy bed a little too much, I think to myself, "I'll work out this evening." Riiiiiight ;)
2.) Great tunes or an audio book for the iPod - this is when I can walk outside. If I'm inside I read a book or magazine on the treadmill. Or sometimes I'll just spend some quiet time with God, which leaves me feeling the most peaceful afterward.
3.) Think about it as pampering yourself, investing in yourself, and not drudgery. Now since I walk fast instead of running, this might be easier for me! But when I think of it as "me" time instead of taking my medicine, I'm a lot more likely to do it.

Best wishes - you're picking great weather to start!